Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Still kicking...

So, I brought Willie to the vet yesterday morning for what I thought would be the "needle" but when I got there the vet said he thought he just had a virus. Amazingly enough, the night before he perked up around 2am and was walking around, drinking water which was all a great surprise since he hadn't been out of his bed since Friday. He ate a few treats right out of Dr. Stephen's hand making a liar out of me because I basically told them he was on his death bed. He didn't have a fever and was acting totally normal at the vet's office so he gave him an appetite stimulant to bring his appetite back and sent us home. He said he would probably be starving by the time I got home from work and all would be well again.

Unfortunately, Willie is still not eating but is out of the bed which is an improvement but I'm still quite concerned he hasn't had much to eat for the past 4 days. I asked the vet how do I know if he is coming down with something or about to kick the bucket and he basically said if he has similar symptoms for 5-7 days in a row. Well, we are now on day 4 without eating, I guess if he is still not eating by the end of the week, I'll give him another call but until then Willie is still kicking (just not as high as normal!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carol, I am so sorry to hear about baby willie. I know that you and Brandon were wonderful parents to him. He will be missed very much.

Jennifer McMullan