Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Willie 2/17/97 - 2/3/08

I'm so sad to say that today was Willie's last day. He had a really great day on Sunday which makes me so happy. Brandon went to work but Willie and I slept late and spooned together before getting up and getting ready for the Superbowl. He hung out in the kitchen while I baked and prepared. He seemed to enjoy spending time with everyone that came over, especially my friend Ashley who held him and pet him for most of the second half of the game. He ate all of his food and even barked for seconds which I obliged even though I usually don't.
Monday, was an extremely different story. He had a really bad seizure on Monday morning, including losing control of his bowels. This was just the saddest thing I thought I'd ever see...little did I know it would get worse. Once he was finished seizing, he tried to get up but his back legs were not working at all and he appeared to have no sensation in either of his back legs. When he would try to stand he would struggle and then fall down. Walking was not any better, he would basically just drag his legs behind him. Brandon and I discussed it and decided we would bring him in on Friday.
Last night, I had such a difficult time helping he go outside, I basically had to hold him up while he peed/pooped and that was horrible. This morning after watching him attempt to go outside I decided today was the day. Brandon and I brought him in at 5:30 and were headed home with him by 6pm. We buried him in the back yard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Carol,
I just finished reading your blogs and I'm in tears now. I know there's not much I can do but please let me know if you need anything. I know Willie is in doggie heaven playing his little heart out!
Love, Julie

Anonymous said...

carol,
My heart is with you and Brandon. Willie had the best of care and love from you and am glad you had him in your life. love, Alyson